Thursday, August 04, 2005

Niedermayer to the Ducks

The news of the day is Scott Niedermayer taking less money to join his brother in Anaheim. Niedermayer signed a four year deal worth $7 million a year, even though the Devils offered him a five year deal at $7.8 million per season. Niedermayer is worth that big contract he will be receiving from the Ducks, and this signing transforms their team.

In other news, check out Jes Golbez's post on why the Edmonton Oilers are "insane" for swapping York for Peca. And while we're linking to other blogs, Tom Benjamin is not happy with his Canucks.

I know I have a lot of visitors coming to my blog for the first time because of the link on AOL Sports. I just wanted to say welcome and please leave a comment if you have something to say. I love to hear what my readers think.